Monday, May 12, 2008

Lisa Ling: Intelligent, Passionate, and Extremely Sexy.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that lisa ling is an incredible woman? Lisa Ling is a Chinese American journalist, best known for her role as a co-host of ABC's The View, host of National Geographic's Explorer, and special correspondent for the Oprah Winfrey Show. Recently, I've had the chance to catch some of her investigative reports on National Geographic. Her reports are fascinating, whether it be examining the harsh life in North Korea or investigating a meth epidemic that has spread worldwide. She takes upon issues that the everyday media fails to address and brings these issues in detail straight to the television set so the rest of the world can see. Her work inspires me. She is talented, smart, and exceptionally opinionated. What I noticed about her the most is her relentless passion to make changes and unveil the realities and truths about what's messed up in this world. She is a do-gooder. If only more women were like her...


From http://www.lisaling.com/ ~ "My Mission"

I want to raise consciousness about issues and stories that don't always make the headlines. I believe that global awareness makes a person smarter and ultimately more human. I'm grossed out by what "news" outlets masquerade as news. Mainstream media focuses on international locations only when there's catastrophe or war. It's a shame. There are so many fascinating people doing important things out there. As a journalist I've been blessed with the opportunity to travel all over the world. I want this to be a place for everyone to find out about people and organizations that I've encountered that are doing good work. I want to share some of my experiences and invite all of you to share your thoughts and stories you think should be told. Let's expand our horizons together.







No comments: